Managing your profile
Your Moodle profile includes information about you, such as your name, e-mail address, and location. After logging in to Moodle, you will see your name at the top right of the browser window which links to your Moodle profile. You can also access your profile from the Navigation block.
When editing your profile, some settings are mandatory while others may not be available to you as they are locked by the system. Settings that have a symbol next to them offer brief help on that particular setting. Simply click on the symbol and a dialogue box will open with additional details about the setting.
- From My Courses page click the Edit profile link in the Administration block.
- Click Expand all to expand each of the sections and reveal the options once on the Edit Profile page.
- Enter an address in the Email address field if it is blank or if you would like to set an alternate an e-mail address. Since this field is mandatory, it is important to set a valid e-mail address as Moodle will send you a message to confirm the validity of the account. If you are changing your e-mail address, you will need to confirm the email change before it will take effect.If you have a @stu.themico.edu.jm e-mail account, this field is automatically populated with your @stu.themico.edu.jm e-mail address.
- Specify who can see your e-mail address by selecting the appropriate option from the E-mail display drop-down list.
- Select the desired e-mail format option from the E-mail format drop-down list. Modern e-mail clients display HTML formatted messages; therefore, you should leave the default setting Pretty HTML format.
- Select the desired option from the E-mail digest type drop-down list. This setting is particularly important if you are using Forums in your course since it determines how forum messages will be sent to you.
- No digest (single email per forum post): This option will send you a separate e-mail message for each post made in a forum as it is added. The number of emails received will depend on how many forums you are subscribed to and how active they are.
- Subjects (daily e-mail with subjects only): This option will send you an e-mail message that includes only a list of links to new forum post subjects for the day, including authors. You can click the subject link in the digest to view the complete forum post on Moodle.
- Complete (daily e-mail with full posts): This option will combine all forum posts into one e-mail message.
Note that themes can be set differently within each course by the instructor, which will over-ride the preferred theme set in your profile.
- Add a picture to your profile in the User picture section by clicking the Add link or dragging the file from your local computer and drop it in the marked area (dashed rectangle). The picture will display wherever your profile information is used such as in Forums or when someone views your profile.
- Enter a list of interests separated by commas in theList of interests text box.
- Use the Optional settings if you wish to offer more contact information.
- Click the Update profile button at the bottom of the screen to apply the settings to your profile.